Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 31st

5th Friday on the Square in Slaton, Texas
May 31, 2013
Multiplicity Art Gallery
157 S.9th Street
6 - 9 pm
 
Celebrate Multiplicity's ONE Year Anniversary
Food, wine, cake,
art and gift certificate drawings all evening long
 
Take time to explore the many merchants on the Square
Slaton Bakery, Junk Queens, TownSquare Antique Mall
and many art galleries
:::::::::::::::::::
 
I got to dress the front window of the gallery for June. It is a display of my art jewelry. After watching this season's guilty pleasure, PBS's Mr Selfridge, I have just been dying to do some window dressing. Henri and Agnus make it look like such fun. Since I left the world of retail, I don't get to do much merchandising and arranging. My art gallery pals and I have been sharing a booth at the Antique Mall in Slaton to drive some traffic over to the gallery. I got to do the arranging in April and had a blast. So the gallery window was just a continuation.
 
I got some new items finished that I included in the display. I am still working on my man jewelry line. I am bound and determined to make some manly man jewelry. Lance has been my new hope of inspiration. But masculine aesthetics it so far outside my box. Everything I make turns out to be so fine and delicate despite my efforts to use heavier materials and manly iconigraphy. But each piece does get a little better. Lance is modeling two new creations in the window. One he likes, the other - not so much. That's ok. Everyone has their own style and taste. But I am always looking for volunteers to try out prototypes and give me their opinions. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete