Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day Four

I know I talk about being trapped in my studio working up a storm. But I am too much of a social animal to just be satisfied with working alone. So my art pal, Kathryn Millis Flanagan suggested we take a workshop in the evenings during the month of March. Here is an example of the fun we had taking a class with Nancy Meyer.

I am trained in fine silver solder using an acetylene torch. You know the one I'm talking about. Very hot flame shooting out of the torch tip. I love fire. But sometimes it is not the most advantageous tool to use. Like when it is 100 degrees in the shade here in West Texas. So I was glad to learn something different and doing this technique was definitely different and exciting. Even though there was no fire.

Back to the studio I go getting prepared for the Lubbock Arts Festival, April 13-15, 2012 at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. Preview Night, April 12, 2012 from 6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment