Thursday, March 28, 2013

This and That

Second copper earring workshop was just as successful and fun as the first one. I had a few repeat participants and a few new ones. I was so excited to see the different designs and color choices. Everyone left with a completed pair of earrings and no two pairs looked the same. I can't wait for next month, April 27, 2013!! Please call or email me if you would like to join in the fun. Space is already filling up quickly for April's workshop.

Participating in a blog hop for the first time this week. One of the blogs I regularly read posted a challenge using a component from Michael's, one of my regular haunts. I purchased just one set but have had so much fun I am thinking of heading out to get the other color to see what other creations I can make before the big reveal on Friday.

5th Friday on the Square is this week in Slaton, Texas. I will be at Multiplicity Art Gallery all evening pouring wine, talking art, and laughing it up with all that come to visit. Please stop in to say hi, try on some earrings, and enjoy the view.

Don't forget to stop in at the Town Square Antique Mall in Slaton to see what the artists of Multiplicity Art Gallery have been doing. We all have a love of re-purposing and needed a place to show our wares. There is furniture, wall art, clocks, fiber art, knickknacks...you name it, we have it. Our booth is the back corner. You can't miss it with the purple walls!

Have not taken many new pictures lately so I hope this one is not a repeat. I get a lot of comments about this pair of earrings...but somehow they are still on display at the Gallery. Which is actually fine by me because one of these days, I am just going to snag them for myself.

The objet d'art in the background is a copper and brass pin, or brooch as my college professor called them, I framed. That is a new thing I started doing so I can display jewelry without fear of it walking out the door. It is easy to hang on the wall, too, for different display options. I know some people actually show their hand-crafted art jewelry just like it was wall art, something to be admired and not hidden away in the jewelry box.

 
5th Friday on the Square
Friday, March 29, 2013
Slaton, Texas
Multiplicity Art Gallery
157 S. 9th Street
6 pm to 9 pm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment