Monday, May 7, 2012

Dreaming

I haven't been in the studio to work in a couple of weeks. All those life things that have been stewing on the back burner have needed some attention. But that doesn't stop the creative flow or desire. In between running errands and such, I still have found the time to buy some new stones to work with, and I can't wait for a few free minutes to create something new. Inspiration is everywhere. This top photo was taken at the Dallas Museum of Art in the Cafe area. I love this wall of Chuluy glass pieces. He is an amazing artist and this display still makes me stop and stare no matter how many times I have seen it. I think I am going to spend some time working on a series of earrings that are this colorful...

Despite no new shows, I have still sold a few pieces...from the trunk of my car! Yes, I admit it. I did a delivery a while back for a custom job. The client told me to bring in a few extra pieces, you never know who will be around. So that trip yielded the sale of two pairs of earrings and a necklace. The "leftover" bag of goodies has been riding around in the trunk of my car. When people ask what I have been up to or how my last show went, I mention I have a few pieces with me if they would like to take a peek. People love it when they get a peek at the secret stash!

The month of May is dedicated to doing some behind-the-scenes work for b street studios. The next event I plan on showing at will be the LECG Wine and Clay Festival at the Llano Winery in Lubbock, Texas. The date for that event is June 9 and 10. More info about that when it becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment