Thursday, November 8, 2012

36 hours...

until the doors open at GlassyAlley for Studio Tour!

My display is set and ready to go. I forgot my camera today so there is no preview peek at my space. But it looks really good and I am happy with the results. Now the space just needs to be filled with friends and family, new and old acquaintances. We will have food and wine and plenty of chat and laugh. I am looking to next year already and think I will not display again until June. So this may be the last time to see the jewelry and art of Barbra J. Beller for a long time.

Since there is no sneak of the completed space, here is a peek at my monsterpiece. This is just a 3"x5" look at a 30x40 canvas.


Tuscan Poppies 30x40

I have not touched a canvas is quite a while. In fact, I did a clean out of my new canvas stock and sold all the large (bigger than 16x20) canvases I had. I got tired of hauling framed paintings hither and yon to just drag them home again. So in a fit of frustration and trying to gain some focus, out went the canvases. But at times I just have a burning need to slap some paint on cloth or swirl my paintbrush through pigment. I found this oversized canvas that just needed to be rescued. I had a flash of inspiration when I saw it and could not get it home to the studio fast enough. When I bought it, the cashier kind of looked at me like I was crazy. I handed her my business card and told her to come see what the canvas looked like when I was done with it. She would not even recognize it. I don't even recognize it. So Linda, come see what craziness I did with the monster canvas!

Hope to see you at:

GlassyAlley
1940 Texas Ave.
Lubbock, Texas
Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, noon to 6 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment