Monday, November 26, 2012

Art Business

I can't believe I have not updated the blog since the big Studio Tour! Thanks to all of you who showed up in support of the event. I think this is one of the best local arts events. It is fun to tour the city, get a peek into people's homes and studio space. I am always amazed at how creative artists are to carve out some dedicated studio space in amongst their daily lives. I have a whole building I can stockpile supplies. And I just close the door when the mess gets to be too much and not invite anyone in. I guess that is the undisciplined part of my brain. I can walk away from the mess and deal with it another day. Some people are not as fortunate as I am in that regard.

For all of you who didn't make it out, here is a link to the Spotted pictures. I encourage you to click through them all...but here is a link for my pic...
http://spotted.lubbockonline.com/photos/index.php?id=3766258
and a link for a pic of my mom when she was able to escape to other venues...
http://spotted.lubbockonline.com/photos/index.php?id=3766493

 
 
This is the Save the Date section of my message

5th Friday in Slaton
November 30, 2012
Multiplicity Gallery
(just down from the Bakery)
157 S 9th Street
Slaton, Texas 79364
6 - 9 pm

I am working with the gallery owner, Carol, on getting some workshops and/or classes going for 2013. Stayed tuned for more details. So all you peeps who asked for it, now is the time to let me know what you want to learn! Let's work together to make some fun classes!

First Friday Art Trail
December 7, 2012
GlassyAlley
1940 Texas Ave.
Lubbock, TX
6 - 9 pm

This is the gallery I displayed at for the Studio Tour. Pauline invited me to stay for the month of December. I changed things up so it looks like a totally different display. There should be food, wine, and live music! I know we are going to pack the house out with totally awesome art so stop by to see something new!

DownTown Art Market
Saturday
December 8, 2012
Tornado Gallery
1840  Buddy Holley Ave.
Lubbock, Texas
9 am - 3 pm

I have not done DAM this whole year! I can't believe I have missed out. So I thought I would end the year with a comfortable old friend. This is an indoor/outdoor event and I reserve the right to chicken out if it is too cold or too windy. Wind being the bigger possibility this season.

I will be displaying in the Llano Estacado Clay Guild annual membership Show. It will be at the Lousie Hopkins Underwood Center for the Arts (LHUCA) December 5 - 31. I think I will bring my Tuscan Poppies and maybe a few little other treats.

That was a lot to take in, but I had a lot of time to make up for.

No comments:

Post a Comment